» HOME  »  SCOOP  »  WRITER  »  EXCLUSIVE  »  BOOKS  »  CONTACT

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Man, How Depressing

I need to change my music for Forsaken. I just want to cry while I listen to it and we're past that point in the book. Besides that I did excellent yesterday (today). Over 2000 new words, and we're moving forward. I've got two characters who are attracted and won't act on that attraction, so I have to keep pushing and pushing until they are at their wits end. Then I throw a curve ball and the sh*t hits the fan. All bets are off and things get very interesting for all parties involved. And that's only a small curve ball, because when the bowling ball gets thrown at their heads, then things will get nasty fast. I know my character will have to sacrifice something, I just don't know what yet. Ah, the cryptic notes of the writer.

Forsaken

New words: 2,205
Total words: 13,686
Kaitlin: tempted, but not fallen
Caleb: Training
Eli: Watching
What stage of grief we are in: Heading toward Anger
Random sampling of text: “Seriously, am I a hunter or a stripper? Because I can’t wear those . . . those clothes in that closet. I don’t remember who I’ve been for the past few years, but I know I don’t wear that type of stuff.” Her nose wrinkled in distaste.

No comments: