» HOME  »  SCOOP  »  WRITER  »  EXCLUSIVE  »  BOOKS  »  CONTACT

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Plugging Away

Fallen is continuing to come along. I've made a "Kicking Butt and Taking Names" playlist on my iTunes and can effectively block out the family while listening to Three Days Grace and Black Eyed Peas. It's an ecclectic mix. Then if I need to focus on the emotions I have a "Fallen" playlist which includes the song that inspired Breann's character and the novel to begin with "Saving Grace (theme)" by Everlast. It also includes songs by Sarah McLachlan, Switchfoot, Coldplay, and Sting. There are more artists in each mix but I don't want to go on to much about it. I'm on card # 4 and about 1000 words less than I'd hoped for the cards. Hopefully in Revision I can take the short scene and expand it further. Some other scenes will (fingers crossed) go beyond the 2000 words. I'm loving this story right now we'll see how I feel about it in a few weeks. My stated goal is 2000 words a day. My personal goal is 5000 words Mon - Fri when the kids are in school. It should be a doable goal since I have 6 hours that the kids are gone and I can do housework once they are home. Good luck to everyone else that's Sweating with Sven, or doing NaNoWriMo, or being insane like me and doing both.

1 comment:

Portia Da Costa said...

I'm not doing both challenges... but I'm still insane! LOL

Good luck with Nano and Sven... Your playlists sound like a great idea for motivating and getting into the zone of your WIP.