» HOME  »  SCOOP  »  WRITER  »  EXCLUSIVE  »  BOOKS  »  CONTACT

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Dreaming of Bones



So last night I dreamt I was in the show Bones. I was talking to Seeley Booth and the next thing I know I'm waking up neked in bed with him, but wait I really have pajamas on. Damn my dreams for being PG. Nothing happened over night he assured me, right before he kissed the living daylights out of me. And then nothing. But that kiss, wow. Dreams are excellent portals for writing. I have "movie" dreams a lot. I'm not so much as an extra in some dreams. It just plays out in my mind. I've also had a dream where I kissed Brad Pitt in some adventure type dream. What is it with my subconcious that all I get to do with these awesome men is a kiss in my dreams. Oh, well, I guess I get to be faithful even in my dreams.

When I woke up this morning, I wanted to capture that feeling. That kiss. It had so many facets like a diamond. All the feelings that went into it, the repression of desire, the curiosity, the sexuality. That's why I write to capture that type of moment not in still frame but in motion. To share what goes on in my demented mind. I didn't write on Fallen yesterday. I left my characters in the middle of a very interesting situation. That moment of discovery, of feeling something more, of wonder. So that's where I get to pick up this morning which seems right after last night's show.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh hubba hubba! You are officially my favorite person of the morning for starting your post with a picture of David Boreanz. I am so in love with that man *wicked grin* I'm truly sorry your dream was rated PG, because you know, I'd be totally disappointed too ;) And while we're sharing, Hugh Jackman and I had a little rendesvous in a dream just a few nights ago. I just love those...*sigh*

I'm really happy that you're getting so much writing done, especially so soon after your move! WTG!

Cynthia said...

What a wonderful and frustrating way to start the day. Been there, glad I'm not the only one who does that. I think I had a movie running in my dreams the other night, not sure. I do dream tv shows all the damn time though

Amanda said...

I had to stop and watch Bones from TNT before working more on my story. I know he's not as svelt as when he was Angel on Buffy, but man, oh what a man. I feel all perky now and ready to work.

Amanda said...

Dude, I just smile everytime I see his picture. What a face to wake up to.