» HOME  »  SCOOP  »  WRITER  »  EXCLUSIVE  »  BOOKS  »  CONTACT

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Plot Girl

Yeah, I love to plot what can I say. I'm still experimenting with different ways to plot. I did get my storyboard of the crap I wrote during NaNo. Okay, so it wasn't complete crap, it just wasn't what I wanted for the story. I'm replotting now. There's a method called the Snowflake method. It's interesting and since I've actually done a first draft I was able to complete some of it, but then I got distracted by GMC. Oh, yes, the basis for character arc, goal-motivation-conflict. I've heard tons about it and have thought about buying the book, but it will have to wait until I return stateside.

So, I do what I normally do when I'm trying to avoid or rather, clarify an issue. I pop open an explorer window and type something into google. That something led me to this website. Which in turn led me to Dark Erotica. Okay, first off, I'm not writing erotica either. I can barely say let alone write the f word and I like my happily ever afters. But Morgan Hawke has some awesome articles on writing.

I'm currently reading and using the Goal, Motivation & Conflict simplified post. I was laughing my head off at this particular post. The erotica plotlines are hilarious. I think I could spend a day or two just reading all her articles. Of course, at some point I would need to actually plot and write.

Candy Havens is hosting another fast draft. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Write_Workshop/ is the workshop group and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Write_WorkshopChat/ is the chatroom for the group. She's starting it on Jan 30th. She also has tons of old workshops which you can search through. It's a free group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard of the snowflake method, and it is very interesting, but I still haven't tried it.

That Dark Erotica post is hilarious!!! Thanks so much for passing that along, because not only is it funny, it's actually really useful.

I'm so excited for Fast Draft!