» HOME  »  SCOOP  »  WRITER  »  EXCLUSIVE  »  BOOKS  »  CONTACT

Monday, May 28, 2007

10,000 Words

This morning I well passed the 10,000 word mark. As I was telling Phil last night, it seems that the more I write on this novel the easier it is. The characters are taking shape and somewhat have a mind of their own. I need to do a bit of plotting for the next few scenes. I know what the scenes will be about, but I need to do a bit of laying out how each conflict will flow. What she has to do to get her goal? That kind of thing. I'm very excited about this book. I've been making over 1000 words a day, which if I continue like this I should have a first draft finished in about 9 weeks. I'm hoping to increase my word count as I progress though, so here's hoping to a bit less time than that. Yeah! 10,000!

No comments: