» HOME  »  SCOOP  »  WRITER  »  EXCLUSIVE  »  BOOKS  »  CONTACT

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wishing They Would Keep it Down in There

Whisper, whisper, whisper. The restaurant is getting quite noisy again. Part of the problem is I've turned off the writer. I'm working on revisions and getting ready for contests and submissions and am not writing new words. It's not like just one book is whispering either. Everyone in the restaurant has decided know would be a great time to whisper to me a little more about their story. So I have a new Silhouette Desire buzzing around my head. Unfortunately, Casanova won't give me his name, but doesn't seem to mind going by Casanova. Hmm, maybe for his last name..... Stop it. I haven't been sleeping well which is part of the problem. I wake up mentally before my body is truly ready to give up the bed and start moving. So I lay there and that's when they whisper. Yesterday it was a whole new idea which could go as a Novella or a Paranormal, they really haven't decided yet. This morning was an idea that's been talking to me for about a month or two. It started with the heroine and apparently the hero is starting to fill out in my mind. It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't being so stubborn about not starting anything new until these two novels are revised. Don't worry about me too much, Fallen (one of the revisees) is also whispering to me. The beginning that I wasn't 100% on, filled itself in yesterday.

I love this job, I do, but some real money would be nice for all this work. With all the things I do for my writing, including putting in time on nights and weekends, I work more now than when I actually went to a job. I love it. I can't get enough of it. Even with the whispering. :) I'm grateful I have this opportunity and don't want to blow it, so it's back to the grindstone with me.

Oh, and to anyone else waiting to be served in the restaurant, I will try to get to all of you in good time. Please don't stop whispering because I do enjoy listening to you. Just make sure you wait your turn and I promise to not stop listening.

No comments: