» HOME  »  SCOOP  »  WRITER  »  EXCLUSIVE  »  BOOKS  »  CONTACT

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Craziness of Life

No words can describe how I felt about having to put down my beloved cat, but at some point I might find them. It did siderail my writing for a time. Though the night I made the decision to put him to sleep I found writing my feelings very theropeutic. I've started to write again.

I'm going back to trying to achieve 1000 words a day. I'm not worrying about catching up quite yet. I know that I gear up slowly, but once I find my writing groove, I'll be writing steadily again. I'm doing something very naughty right now. I'm going through the story which I haven't worked on in a few weeks and rereading and wait for it . . . editing as I go. Only a little. Yes, the story doesn't have an ending yet, but I'm adding a bit to the front end as I go. I'm so ashamed.

I can't press on very well until I can figure out where I've been. I did start writing on the end of the manuscript on Monday, but wanted to go back and read through which is what I did yesterday and will do today. There were some places that I wanted to add a little more or an additional scene and that's all I'm doing. Honest. I'm not reworking the wording already there.

So I can safely post the following marker without too much shame.

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
34,025 / 90,000
(37.8%)

No comments: