» HOME  »  SCOOP  »  WRITER  »  EXCLUSIVE  »  BOOKS  »  CONTACT

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Dreams in the Making

It's really odd how when we sleep, our minds are the most creative. I tend to have the standard dreams most nights i.e. running away from someone, family dreams, dreams I actually participate in. Other nights though I have "movie" dreams. I am not a character but a watcher of the action. These are the dreams that give me ideas to write about. (They are not X-rated.) Last night I had such a dream. These dreams inspire me to write again. This morning found me concentrating hard to remember all the aspects of the dream, then running to get my laptop to frantically type in the beginning sequence and the events that happen after. Then it gets saved to my ideas folder. Some ideas get picked out to have their own folder and get the story going. My biggest problem is that when a new idea comes along it's bright and shiny and I want to play with it. My other ideas go to the way side while I play with the new idea. I need to work on sticking to one idea at a time and leave my ideas folder for when I finish a book. I know there are writers who work simultaneously on multiple books. I don't think I can do that, but hopefully we'll find out soon enough.

No comments: